We are looking for volunteers with a passion for our mission!
Volunteer tasks may include:
- Welcoming guests and answering phones at the front desk.
- Giving House tours to families and visitors.
- Cleaning, restocking, and organizing common spaces, kitchens, and pantries.
- Preparing guest rooms for the arrival of new families.
- Simple household tasks, such as laundry or taking the trash out.
- Volunteer drivers (age 21+) can help our families with errands to grocery stores, pharmacies, or trips to the hospital.
Our Teen Volunteer Program is open seasonally to students ages 16+. Teens helping in these roles help with direct, onsite service tasks including answering family questions about the House, processing donations in our pantries, and assisting with simple household tasks like running dishwashers or preparing guestrooms.
Teens may also help to coordinate Family Activity Nights, or learn about philanthropy through planning fundraisers for RMHDE.