Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware, and the Women and Children’s Center at Christiana Care’s Newark Campus, provide families with a comfortable and welcoming place to rest and regroup, just steps away from a pediatric unit where their children are receiving treatment. Family members can recharge, grab a bite to eat, do laundry, and get rest so they can be strong for their children.
Volunteers help families stay near the care and resources they need. Some typical volunteer responsibilities include:
- Being a friendly face and welcoming presence for families
- Assisting families in the room as needed
- Registering families as they arrive
- Cleaning, re-stocking, and organizing areas within the room
- Communicating the needs of the room with program and hospital staff
Upon review and acceptance of a volunteer application, Family Room Program Coordinator, Barbara Bonk, will contact you to help navigate the volunteer onboarding process of the respective hospital volunteer offices where our rooms are located.
For more information about Family Room Volunteer needs and to apply, click here, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Barbara Bonk, Family Room Program Coordinator at email@example.com (302) 656-4847 x 402.