*Room Request guidelines updated April 6, 2018. Please carefully note changes regarding background checks for guests under “Who Qualifies to Stay”
BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ROOM REQUEST, PLEASE READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING.
Who Qualifies to Stay
- Families who live 25 miles or more from RMHDE, have a child 21 years of age or younger who is receiving inpatient or active outpatient treatment at a local hospital are eligible to stay if a room is available.
- Day of room requests for patients receiving care at Nemours’ Hospital may only be submitted by a social worker, nursing supervisor or doctor’s office. If the patient is receiving care at any other hospital, the room request must be submitted by the hospital social worker overseeing the patient’s care. Day of requests will be approved for emergency situations only. Day of arrivals are still subject to the criminal background check process.
- A room request may be submitted no more than 12 months before the requested date of arrival.
- Effective April 15, 2018, a criminal background check is required for all guests, including the patient, who are 18 years of age or older. A link to complete the background check will be sent to each adult’s email address as listed in your room request form. Please do not include the Social Security number of any adult guests when completing the online background check form. Instead enter 999-99-9999 in the applicable field.
- Background checks are valid for 12 months.
- Photo Identification (ID) is required for all guests 16 years of age or older. If any member of your family does not have photo ID, please call our Guest Services office at 1-888-656-4847 prior to your date of arrival.
- International families must make their room request through the International Medicine Program at Nemours or similar office at the referring hospital.
- The House asks for a donation of $15 per night, per room per family. This only partially offsets the $72 cost per night to accommodate a family in one room.
- If you have a financial concern regarding this donation, please speak with our Social Worker or a Manager. No one is turned away based on the inability to pay.
Know Before You Go
- We supply families with linens for the room, including sheets and towels.
- A small refrigerator can be placed in your room to store breast milk or medications.
- In order to keep costs low, each family is asked to clean their own room before checking out.
- Maximum occupancy per room is 5 people. We are unable to make exceptions.
- Families are eligible for one room per stay regardless of the number of patients receiving treatment.
Room Request Process
- The Room Request you are about to submit is not a reservation. Our House is likely to be full on the date of your arrival. The information you provide is for the purpose of adding your family to our wait list.
- It is important to have a back-up plan for alternative lodging in the event our House is full and we are unable to accommodate your family. If we are unable to confirm a room for your family, you may be offered options with one of our local hotel partners who offer families a discounted rate. Information on our hotel partners can be found here.
- On the day of your requested arrival, our Guest Services team will call you between 10:00am-1:00pm to inform you of the status of your room request.
- If we are able to confirm a room for your family, you must check in no later than 8:00pm.
- If your date of arrival changes or you need to cancel your room request, please call our Guest Services team at 1-888-656-4847.