Many of the families staying at the House return during the evening for a break after a long day at the hospital. Home cooked meals give them a chance to relax and bond with other families.
The meal program is a great service project for families, churches, and co-workers. Groups can prepare breakfast on Saturday or Sunday or dinner every day of the year. We ask that groups consist of no more than fourteen people due to space limitations. The minimum age for food preparation is 12 years old.
- Everyone visiting the House must be healthy in order to protect children who may be immune suppressed.
- All meals should be prepared onsite in our commercial kitchen. It is acceptable to bring food that has been prepared in commercial cooking establishments such as restaurants, catering services or cafeterias.
- Dinner preparation, purchase and plan for 80-85 people. Dinner is served daily at 5:30 pm.
- Breakfast preparation, purchase and plan for 35-40 people. Breakfast is served on weekends at 9:30 am.
- Lunch preparation, purchase and plan for 25-30 people. Lunch is served on Fridays at 11:45 am.
- Baking, there is no expectation on quantity. Prepare items to serve and freeze.
All meals are served buffet style. We provide plates, silverware, and glassware. Coffee, milk, and water are free. We have Coca-Cola products available for 25 cents.
Our commercial kitchen is equipped with the following:
- 2 regular ovens
- 1 convection oven
- 4 door refrigerator
- Full set of knives
- Cutting boards
- Pots, pans, cooking and serving utensils
Please check out our commercial kitchen orientation video below!
To request a date to prepare a healthy meal or for more information about additional volunteer opportunities, please go to our Volunteer page by following this link… VOLUNTEER
We have limited dates available for 2016. Please let us know if you would like to be placed on our cancellation list. The 2017 calendar will be available in September.