McDonald’s: RMHC Founding Mission Partner since 1974
McDonald’s played a vital role in the inception of the first Ronald McDonald House. This House- the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House opened in October, 1974. Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) and our local McDonald’s owner/operators also support the programs at the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware (RMHDE).
RMHDE receives 10 to 15 percent of its annual budget from the local chapter of RMHC: RMHC of the Philadelphia Region. RMHC of the Philadelphia Region is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that receives its support from the owner/operators of more than 300 McDonald’s Restaurants in the region. These regions include the greater Philadelphia area, Southern New Jersey, and Delaware. This funding comes from in-store donations, Shamrock Shake sales, and other promotions and annual gifts.
The McDonald’s Owner/Operators of the Greater Philadelphia Region support also includes:
- Serving as members of our Board of Directors.
- Owner/operators and suppliers work to raise money and awareness through promotional and fundraising events.
- Local restaurant employees are dedicated volunteers.
The rest of our annual budget comes from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
DID YOU KNOW
- RMHC has local Chapters in more than 63 countries and regions around the world.
- At least one RMHC core program provides care for children and their families at 90% of the top children’s hospitals worldwide.
- Yearly, RMHC serves more than 7 million children and families.