You can help provide an environment that offers comfort, hope and togetherness to families by joining our team of committed House volunteers. House volunteers interact with our staff, other volunteers and our amazing families. Our volunteers play a crucial role in helping to keep families together and close to the care and resources they need.
Volunteering at our House is both a rewarding and challenging responsibility. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We depend on our House Volunteers on their regularly scheduled shifts. House volunteers commit to a minimum of two 3 hour shifts per month for a minimum commitment of six months to one year.
- To ensure a safe, healing environment, we ask that all potential volunteers 18 years of age and older allow us to conduct a background check.
- We believe learning to be continuous and ask volunteers to participate in annual training exercises.
How To Apply
If you would like to join our core of dedicated House volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware, the first step is to complete a Volunteer Application. Please click here to complete a volunteer application online.
- Attending a New Volunteer Orientation
- Successful Completion of a Background Check
- Completion of 9 hours (or three volunteer shifts) of hands-on training
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following positions
- Front Desk /Family Service
- Van Drivers (21 years and older)
- Kitchen helpers
- Family Activity Hosts
- Volunteers with weekend availability (Friday evening/Saturday /Sunday evenings)
To learn more about how you can share your time and care through volunteering, contact Sara Funaiock, Volunteer Manager, at 302-428-5340 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ronald McDonald Family Room Volunteers
Family Room volunteers help create a welcoming area for families. Additionally, volunteers will help to make sure the rooms are clean and stocked with supplies. These are regular, committed volunteer positions. In order to serve families well, we rely on volunteers to be consistent.
Volunteer opportunities are available at our three Ronald McDonald Family Room locations inducing: Christiana Care, Nemours Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children and Bayhealth Kent Campus.