GivingTuesday was founded as a simple idea: to bring people together for a day of giving back. It has since spread like a wave across the world, with over 160 countries in 2018. Now in its 8th year, nearly every country on earth is participating in GivingTuesday.
This year, you can support the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware on Giving Tuesday in two ways:
- Visit our Amazon Wish List and make a donation.
- Items are updated based on what we need most, and will ship directly to the House. Or- ship them to your home and stop by the House between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. to say hi and make your donation in-person!
- Items from our Amazon Wish List include necessities like cleaning products, bed linens, towels, paper products AND more fun stuff- like toys to stock our treasure chest! We need it all to make our House a “home-away-from-home!”
- (P.S. When you shop smile.amazon.com and choose the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware as your charity, we receive a percentage of your purchase as a donation!)
- Make a donation online.
- Families are asked to donate $15 per night; however, no family is ever turned away due to the inability to pay. On average it costs $72 a night to operate each guest room. In 2018 our average room donation was $3.65.
- Your donation helps make sure that we can help keep families together and close to the care they need, when they need it most. Even just $15 is enough to provide a night’s stay for a family in need.