As part of our mission to provide an environment that offers comfort, hope and togetherness, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. At the core of what we do, we strive to ensure that every guest family, volunteer, supporter, and staff member feels safe, heard, respected, and cared for.
It is the diverse backgrounds, opinions, and experiences that each member of our House brings to the table every day that allows us to provide the care and support that children and families need.
The Ronald McDonald House of Delaware condemns racism in any form and we do not tolerate discriminatory words or actions in any of our programs.
- We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where our families can stay together safely during a stressful time.
- We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). The Ronald McDonald House of Delaware has implemented ongoing strategies to provide DEI education to and increase diversity among our staff, volunteers, and Board of Directors.
- We are actively listening to the diverse voices in our community and taking action to ensure that we are meeting the needs of the diverse population we serve.
We will keep listening, learning, and working. We know that there is much more work to be done and that the work is ongoing.
We welcome your thoughts, feedback, and suggestions as we move forward in our efforts. You can reach our President & CEO Pam Cornforth at email@example.com or (302) 656-4847. Our community is vital to supporting and sustaining our organization, and we rely on you to enable the work we do every day to support families when they need it most.
- We have enlisted the help of a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consultant
- We are asking for feedback from our families on how we can improve
- We have engaged our staff by facilitating ongoing trainings and conversations
- We have updated our Core Values to reflect our commitment
- We have assessed the diversity of our Board, Staff, and Volunteer base while we seek out ways to broaden our outreach and engagement
- We have added Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to our Strategic Plan to continue to guide our work.
Contact Haley Belcher-Patton with any questions/suggestions firstname.lastname@example.org or (302) 428-5314.